Refresh

  • - Scarves
  • - Spices
  • -Milk Tea
  • - Fresh
  • -Citrus
  • - Leaves
  • - Coffee
  • - Rain

Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Fresh Start

Okay, so here is my little anecdote to start off this blog.
I'm a 16 year old girl from New York City, who loves lemons and mint. Weird combo right? I have tried to blog before, but it never really worked out as I never have been fully exposed to the world of blogging. It's like when you were young and you first saw a pool, you would most likely just skim the water first before fully plunging into the unknown abyss; right? And that is what I did, except with blogs. But after a year or two I have found myself becoming more and more interested in blogging and that I quite like this new feeling, the feeling of being able to express myself without hesitation and the feeling of floating in this crystal clear substance. I'm not sure if I'm even making any sense, but whatever it is fine to be a little odd sometimes.
Growing up as a kid I have always been quite an introvert and I am still that way today. But I have found expressing myself online to be more comforting than nerve wrecking in a way, probably because I wouldn't know who would be reading this.
Naming this blog minimalist beauty is to spread the message that beauty comes from within and that "simplicity is the key note of all true elegance" (Coco Chanel). As cliche as that sounds, that is what I am envisioning for this blog. Either daily or weekly, I am going to try to blog beauty and fashion related posts. Now you're probably thinking that I'm totally contradicting myself, because I'm posting about makeup, which, is the complete opposite of inner beauty. But the beauty and fashion are just ways to boost self confidence and to feel beautiful inside and out. It is not to bring on narcissism or egotistical views, it is so that people can appreciate their natural beauty and be able to spice up their look if they wanted to at the same time.
I know that I might just have wrote a lot of crap that sounds ignorant and insipid, but I am only human and I can be lacking sometimes, But I hope that this dull first post will explain most of the content for this blog and make it clear why this blog was made.
Also I may post a few interests post here and there. :)
Lori xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment